Knauf stands for opportunity. We know that opportunity looks different to each person, and we are proud that we see opportunity in everyone. This exciting role in the People Function could be the perfect next opportunity for you to build a unique career, in a values-led culture with a clear purpose of making tomorrow a home for all of us. As a Group, we are a global manufacturer of construction materials, with +41,500 team members in 90 countries across 300 sites, and we provide a huge opportunity for anyone with ambition and energy. We value everyone's contribution equally and we ask that you bring your whole self to work, to enrich the business further, as together we achieve more in a safe and inclusive environment.
Knauf Insulation is proud to be part of the Knauf Group. We have a 40-year heritage in manufacturing insulation and have big plans for the future. Our global reach in 40 countries continues to grow and we are looking for passionate, ambitious people to join our 6000-strong team and help us achieve our goals. We are all led by the same core values and believe in the powerful potential of large companies to have a positive impact on the world. We are recruiting a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) for Knauf Insulation (KI). This position reports to the Regional Managing Director, based in Simbach, Germany.
Can you say ‘yes’?
- Are you willing to work with an enthusiastic multidisciplinary team in KICE?
- Do you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills?
- Do you want to act as a strategic ally to business Leaders by aligning Human Resources strategic goals with organizational goals?
- Do you want to promote a positive employee experience in the Region?
What you’ll be doing:
Among your responsibilities as an HRBP, you will identify and address workforce gaps, improve employee engagement and productivity, manage employee relations issues, and ensure compliance with laws and regulations, creating a culture of high performance and engagement, helping the organization achieve its strategic objectives. Your responsibilities also include:
- Strategic Support to the Business:
- Understand business needs and translate them into HR strategic initiatives, including workforce planning, talent acquisition, employee development, and retention.
- Participate in the development of the Group HR Strategy
- Drive organizational development efforts by identifying areas for improvement and designing and implementing interventions that enhance organizational performance, culture, and effectiveness.
- Provide guidance and input on region workforce planning, talent development strategies and succession planning.
- Identify training needs for the Region, individual executive support and Leadership programs.
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Budget Management/Payroll Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of the yearly budget process for headcount and people costs
- Supervise the delivery of the monthly payroll processes for each country under its supervision, following all compliances rules in place.
- Serve as a strategic partner to business leaders by providing data-driven insights and recommendations to help drive business decisions and achieve organizational goals.
- Develop, follow and analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR COEs Group to develop solutions, programs and policies and support the organization in measuring its progress.
- Analyzing HR metrics and data to identify trends, insights, and opportunities for improvement in HR practices and programs, and to support data-driven decision-making across the organization.
- Engagement & Employees Relationships:
Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including business leaders, employees, HR colleagues, and workers council to ensure effective collaboration and communication across the organization.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations, and resolving complex employee relations issues, including conflict resolution, disciplinary actions, and legal compliance, in partnership with HR colleagues and legal counsel.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build engagement, and increase productivity and retention.
- Overseeing the end-to-end employee lifecycle processes including onboarding, offboarding, and managing employee records.
- HR Processes, Policies and Procedures:
- Is responsible to deploy HR Processes for its Region: Talent calibrations, Performance reviews, Merit management, Talent Acquisition, etc.
- Collaborating with HR colleagues and business leaders to develop and implement HR policies, procedures, and guidelines that comply with legal requirements and align with organizational objectives.
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Develop contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers.
- Assist international employees with expatriate assignments and related HR matters.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to support continuous improvement
- Identify and lead initiatives that enhance interactions at Region level. (Continuous Improvement corner, Yammer)
- Conduct weekly meetings with respective business units.
- Consult with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Performs other related duties and projects as assigned.
What we’d love for you to have:
We are interested in you as a person, your attitude, behaviors, and values. If you have the willingness to learn anything you need for the role that you don't already have, we'd love to speak to you.
We're also looking for someone who's a strategic thinker, good networker, problem solver, change agent, with analytical mindset and business acumen.
It’s also important to be able to put things into perspective and influence our matrix organization, along with excellent organizational skills (structure, time management and attention to detail).
If you have experience in the following areas – this is an added advantage:
- Minimum of 8 years of human Resources experience in a manufacturing and commercial environment.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and countries respective employment laws.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Knowledge of human resources policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Master’s degree in human resources preferred or equivalent professional experience.
- Excellent command of German and English.
We will provide:
The package and associated benefits will be those of the contract's host country. Our common criterion was to build a comprehensive salary package that stands out in the market.
On top of that, a dedicated time for personal development and potential for leadership training will be provided.
What happens next?
We appreciate that your time is precious and applying for a new job can be a lengthy process - so we have committed to replying to your application within ten working days.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion (D&I) reinforces our Knauf Insulation values of Making Tomorrow a Home for all of us. We are committed to creating a workplace where we all can thrive, whoever we are, and inspiring a culture of inclusion and innovation that will drive future business success. We do our best to make sure being at work feels like home.