Insulation Manufacturing Engineer
Scope of the function
To facilitate and / or provide support to RMW plants which are having problems with aspects of their plant operation. An additional purpose is to assist the Manufacturing Excellence team in communicating & spreading the standard best practice across the RMW plants in Europe and Asia, providing expertise for the RMW group in terms of energy efficiency.
Missions and responsibilities
- Plant Process Support
To assist any RMW plant that has an opportunity that has been identified either by central or by the plant, highlighting a scope for improvement in any part of their process. Deliverables will usually include agreement on a clear statement of the problem or improvement opportunity, agreement on what success looks like and how to measure it, a structured and data-based problem-solving process and interim and / or final report(s) detailing the outcome. Wherever practical the annualised financial benefit of the improvement will be estimated.
- Team Member Assistance
The team is relatively small in number and covers a broad scope. As a result, team members should have a broad process knowledge base and flexible approach in order to be able to assist other Industrial Performance members in identifying areas for improvement or best practice implementation at individual or multiple sites.
- Energy Consumption Best Practice & Reporting
Assume the role of Energy expert within RMW Central Technical. Supporting RMW monthly Energy reporting and energy improvements.
- Educated to degree level in a technical or engineering subject.
- At least 3 years Plant experience and a track record of delivering improvements.
- First-rate problem-solving skills
- Ability to extract and analyse data from process software systems.
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement. Six sigma qualification preferable.
- A working knowledge of energy consumption within the RMW process and associated cost.
- Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical engineering and/or extensive manufacturing experience.
- Experience in a similar role in the manufacturing sector of glass or building materials industry in the Cold End part would be strong asset
- Fluent in English; French, German and Dutch will be considered as an asset.
- Internationally mobile: up to 40%
- Autonomous, organized, proactive – ownership attitude
- A team player with a leadership and communication style which is motivating and engaging to individuals and teams.
- Able to build positive relationship, comfortable with contacts at the highest levels of a structure
- Assertive and self-confident when presenting and supporting conclusions
- Manage his time efficiently and be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Health – Safety – Environment – Energy -Quality
Every worker has the obligation to take care of his / her safety and health, as well as that of his colleagues, including subcontractors. The worker also ensures the respect of the Values, knows and respects the rules and contributes to the objectives of the site and the group with regard to HSEEQ.
Any team leader needs to update the entity's HSEEQ indicators and actively participate in the improvement of the entity's HSEEQ indicators. He is also the guarantor of the respect of these rules with his team.
About Knauf Insulation
Knauf Insulation products save energy, cut emissions and make sure buildings are good for the environment and keep people healthy, safe and well.
With over 40 years of experience in the insulation industry, we now employ nearly 6,000 people across more than 40 countries. We have with 29 manufacturing sites in 15 countries.
Knauf Insulation (KI) is part of the Knauf Group, which employs about 40,000 people worldwide, operating more than 300 factories, generating sales in excess of 12.5 billion Euros.
The Knauf Group was founded in 1932 and is a family-owned company driven by the values of Menschlichkeit (Humanity), Partnership, Commitment, and Entrepreneurship.
These values and the fast-moving environment in which we evolve allows us to take initiative and implement new processes or structures, working together and taking care of the others. We have lots of opportunities inside the company who allows you to consider to make your career with us.
Our Belgian site in Visé is representing the biggest Glass Mineral Wool Plant in Europe and is location of Knauf Insulation Head Office. Today there is a strong focus on such topics, as sustainability, energy efficiency and waste reduction. Knauf Insulation brings one of the solutions to climate change and that’s why we are proud to be working as leader in the insulation industry.
In 2020 we launched our sustainability strategy For A Better World with a focus on four key goals: Put People First, Achieve Zero Carbon, Deliver A Circular Economy and Create Better Buildings. To ensure these words were translated into concrete action we set mid-term targets for 2025 that everyone can start achieving now.
** We encourage and welcome all applications **
- St-Helens, England, HQ - Visé, Belgium, Škofja Loka, Slovenia
We’re passionate about developing our people
At Knauf Insulation your career is a journey through one or multiple roles that you hold within the company. Progression is not just about promotion, it is about building capability and experience. There are several different ways to progress within Knauf Insulation and we are proud to see a high number of our employees who have moved between teams, departments and even countries. Working for a global market leading organisation, the limits really are endless.
About Knauf Insulation Western Europe
Knauf Insulation is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of insulation products and solutions. With more than 40 years of experience in the industry, we represent one of the fastest growing and most respected names in insulation worldwide.
Insulation Manufacturing Engineer
Loading application form
Already working at Knauf Insulation Western Europe?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.