Digital Industrial Performance - Data and A.I. Specialist
We usually respond within a week
Who we are
KNAUFINSULATION, being part of Knauf Group, has more than 40 years of experience in the insulation industry and houses nearly 6000 employees in more than 40 countries. We are a dynamic company, a brand, a family that cares for and puts the needs of its customers first.
Context of the hiring
We are looking to recruit a Digital Engineering - Data Analytics and A.I. Specialist, who will be based in one of our Head Office in St Helens, Merseyside (UK), Visé (Belgium) or Skofja Loka (Slovenia). Other locations can also be considered.
You will be reporting to the Digital Engineering Director and will be working with the Center of Excellence for Artificial Intelligence and Data Science.
You will be involved in and take responsibility for digital engineering projects, building data analysis, data models, ‘Extract, Transform, and Load’ (ETL) processes and machine learning models, based on best practices developed by the Center of Excellence for Artificial Intelligence and Data Science, and using a variety of tools.
You will participate in sharing projects globally across the Knauf Insulation organization, with the occasional opportunity to work on projects across the Knauf group.
For this role, domestic and international travel to support and implement projects (around 30% of the working time) is required.
Your mission & responsibilities
- Plans Digital and Data Engineering, Advanced Analytics, and Data Science projects. Coordinates project cooperation with internal partners and the Center of Excellence for Artificial Intelligence and Data Science.
- Run trials, demos, training and implementation tasks of Data Engineering, Advanced Analytics, and Data Science projects on plant systems.
- Develop algorithms, predictive models, and dashboards that leverage data from data systems, in order to solve complex manufacturing and business problems to operationalize outcomes of analytics.
- Collaborate with the Center of Excellence for Artificial Intelligence and Data Science and develops proof-of-concept for proposed solutions.
- Collaborates with other Digital Engineers in rolling-out successful solutions to plants.
- Constantly improves their knowledge of the business and advanced analytics field in general.
- Communicate with all stakeholders of the projects (including clients) and provide relevant training.
- Create detailed documentation of the programming effort and participate in project reviews with various management teams.
- While performing their duties, they adhere to all performance policies relating to the requirements concerning occupational health and safety, fire safety and environment protection, quality, energy management and consistent use of personal protection equipment.
- Provision of training on PI System to users in the plants.
- Creating analysis and reports from the plant information system (OSI PI and SQL DB).
- Supporting the plants in case of operational problems with the PI system.
- Support Plant OSI PI champions with dynamic interactive reporting.
- Coordinate activities with the IT department, and the interaction with the SAP/MES systems.
- Can think out of the box with regard to new solutions and new technologies that can potentially benefit the business (savings, efficiencies, waste reduction, energy consumption reduction, etc.)
Hard Skills (Essential):
- Experience in computer programming and in Data analytics/Data science (any environment)
- Open to junior profiles.
- Ideally, the right candidate will have AI, ML experience (any environment)
- Fluent in Python (complete with various libraries, such as Pandas, Numpy, Keras and TensorFlow).
- Intermediate experience of statistics.
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL.
- Understanding of Computer Vision systems.
- Good understanding of Conda package manager and Conda environments.
- Basic bash scripting capabilities.
- Understanding basic concepts of source control (Git).
- Understanding basic concepts of software development.
- Understand the process of realizing a problem, designing hypothetical solutions, developing proof of concepts, and launching project initiatives.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills (any other European language is an asset)
- Blockchain knowledge and experience are an advantage (any environment)
- Augmented and Mixed Reality experience (development)
But above all, you are:
- Analytical: you draw relevant conclusions based on the data you have.
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Enthusiastic, willing to learn
- Team player: you are keen to collaborate and establish strong relationships with your various contacts.
After reading these points, do you think you are the person to take on this challenge? Then discover why KNAUFINSULATION is the company for you!
In addition to a comprehensive salary package that stands out in the market, we offer you the opportunity to join an international company that has remained a family business.
We are an innovative, forward-looking company, focused on key topics such as sustainability, energy efficiency and waste reduction. In 2020 we launched our sustainability strategy For A Better World with a focus on four key goals: Put People First, Achieve Zero Carbon, Deliver a Circular Economy and Create Better Buildings.
We have 4 core values: Menschlichkeit, Partnership, Commitment, and Entrepreneurship. How do we make them concrete? By taking 3 actions each day:
- Challenge. Think and act “outside the box”.
- Create. Drive change and innovation.
- Care. Grow and develop our people.
In our Family we are deeply convinced of the added value that the diversity of people can bring to a company and the richness of the exchange of ideas and culture.
Sure that our commitment to diversity and inclusion (D&I) reinforces our values of challenge.create.care., we are committed to creating a workplace where we all can thrive, whoever we are, and inspiring a culture of inclusion and innovation that will drive future business success. We do our best to make sure being at work feels like home.
With this in mind, we are pledged to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.
Our recruitment process
If you have arrived here, it means that this opportunity thrills you! Don’t hesitate any longer and apply.
Here are the next steps:
- Review of your application ;
- Screening ;
- A first interview is organized ;
- You take 2 personality tests ;
- A second and final interview is organized.
It’s a match between you and us? Join the Knauf Family!
- HQ - Visé, Belgium, Škofja Loka, Slovenia, St-Helens, England
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
We’re passionate about developing our people
At Knauf Insulation your career is a journey through one or multiple roles that you hold within the company. Progression is not just about promotion, it is about building capability and experience. There are several different ways to progress within Knauf Insulation and we are proud to see a high number of our employees who have moved between teams, departments and even countries. Working for a global market leading organisation, the limits really are endless.
About Knauf Insulation Western Europe
Knauf Insulation is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of insulation products and solutions. With more than 40 years of experience in the industry, we represent one of the fastest growing and most respected names in insulation worldwide.
Digital Industrial Performance - Data and A.I. Specialist
Loading application form
Already working at Knauf Insulation Western Europe?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.